Helping ... from a distance.
Hope all of you are staying healthy and safe! ❤️ Today I wanted to just share a few ideas for how to reach out and help others in this time of social distancing and quarantine craziness.
This not only helps other people, but it will help you with your sanity too! LOL! Check on your friends and family making sure that they are ok. Give your grandparents a call and set up FaceTime dates with friends. There are so many ways to stay connect with people like texting, calling, FaceTime, zoom, or even good old fashion snail mail. There is really no excuse for not reaching out to let people in your world know that you love them and are thinking about them.
HELP HOW YOU CAN!
- Something we can all do is to actually listen to the medical people and our leaders and STAY INSIDE. Keep yo germs to yo-self!
- Donate to local food drives.
- Spring clean your closet with all your free time and donate items you no longer use to local charities.
- Put a note in your neighbors' mail boxes with your phone number offering to help if they need anything.
- Give online to churches and organizations that are out there making a difference like Meals on Wheels and MUST Ministries.
- Post positive and encouraging things to social media. There is a lot of scary stuff out there so instead of adding to that noise maybe post a little sunshine like a bible verse or encouraging quote or a funny video. And you can never go wrong with baby animal videos too!
Pray for our nation's leaders. Pray for the doctors, nurses, and other medical heroes. Pray for the people who are sick or have loved ones that are sick. Pray for your city, your state, and our world. And a great way to stay connected with your friends and family is to pick a different person every day to pray for. Send them a quick text letting them know you love them and are praying for them and ask if there is anything specially you can pray for them about.
I hope this helps encourage someone for how to help others in all this Rona craziness and I hope all of you are doing great and staying healthy. I am praying for each and everyone of you! Thanks for reading and I would love for you to comment below with ways you are helping too.